June 16, 2010

Oh, Sick City . . .

Ok, I'm biased because I've been working with these people for going on 25 years now, but you seriously have to hear this shit: Dan has finally busted out some of the Sick City 4 he has been sitting on for god knows how long. You really owe it to yourself to to check this out.

Chopin Hour and Recordings all are first rate, and the recordings are excellent. Dead Oil Covered Dolphin is essentially Sick City 4 with me sitting in for Chris & some slight instrumentation tweaks. It is not as good a recording, but still decent.

I love the way these people play, and everybody is really good on this: but I gotta say, Chris really takes his guitar to another level here. He was always high on my list, but now he's very close to the top.

I've been listening to this stuff almost exclusively since Dan put it up. You should give it a try too.

No comments: