March 2, 2013

Greetings From a Schnitzelburg Basement


Hello friends.  February passed without a post, though I just deleted (an almost alarming!) four drafts from my posts queue that I have no intention of finishing.

Most of my short form blogging is done at notes for everything, and I haven't had the attention span for long form blogging lately.  Various factors involved (tl;dr), but suffice to say there has been a flux in production here at the homestead.

Before the end of March I should have a completely spiffy post for y'all.  At this point I am guessing it will either be a postmodernist-tinted look at the novels of Patricia Highsmith, or another goddamn basketball post.  Actually, I can pretty much guarantee you basketball posts over the next few months, but I would really like to finish that Patricia Highsmith one as well.

In the meantime, if you are somewhat new to this here writing ranch, please click on the "Thoreau" tag.  Right now, I'm favoring this over most of what I've done on this blog.

While you're at it, if you are a fan of acoustic Americana noir, I have a project that you may enjoy.  I listened tonight to some Hoosier Pete recordings for the first time in a long time, and I really liked them to a degree that is a bit unusual for me.  You may like them too: you can find them at the Hoosier Pete site at Indiana Musical Family Tree.

And for the noise mavens among you, there's always Black Kaspar.  Fair warning: a new cassette (wherein I connect with my inner Jimmy Page) is coming soon.

That is all for now.  I think I'll post my favorite W. B. Yeats poem here just for the hell of it.

1 comment:

Matt said...

nevermind all that - that guitar is pretty sweet.